Life is nothing but an obstacle course! It’s all about getting through that obstacle course *successfully* to your desired goal that most people seem to have a problem with. And it’s only normal to encounter these obstacles in the pursuit of your goal. It’s kind of a test to see if you’re worthy. However, when these obstacles start to become a nuisance to the point of almost putting a stop to your goal(s); or worse, making one completely abandon his/her goal, one must take action and think things through. So, with that said, here are some helpful, tested pointers that will keep your attention focused in achieving any goal that you put your mind to.
- Think positive- This means: Do not quit. Especially when one is midway in working for a goal, there should be no room for quitting. To quit is tantamount to going back to the starting line of goal accomplishment. That is time, energy, money, and a whole lot of things wasted and lost. It is more costly to quit than to find a solution to the problem, not to mention the frustration one feels.
- Keep a clear, open and tense-free mind- Always be ready to receive new ideas. Focus and concentrate. Think in a wide scale manner and always be open for options(even unconventional ones) to eliminate the particular obstacle you are currently dealing with.
- Persist and Persevere- Be sure to exhaust every possibility, even to the point of trial and error, just to be sure that there is a solution to correct the problem your dealing with.
- Simulate- Try to picture inside your head a possible solution to help overcome and/or solve the obstacle that’s setting you back.
- Get assistance- If all fails get assistance from others you know who are more knowledgeable on the work being done. They may be able to help you or not. Their suggestions might not necessarily be the right or exact ones you were hoping to hear, but they may trigger some NEW ideas in finding the right solution to your problem. Those are the basic 5 steps to overcoming any obstacle that’s holding you back.